Welcome to FordPass, a smarter way to move! FordPass is a new platform that will empower you to rethink the way you travel. Through a collection of personal, digital and physical solutions, FordPass will provide you with more mobility options so you can go further than you thought possible.
Before we get started, we want you to know how FordPass works and we need you to click “I agree” to accept our Terms. Please review carefully. You can use the Table of Contents below to easily move through these Terms:
1. My Dealer
2. My Vehicles
10. Limited Licenses
11. Trademark Notice
13. Governing Law
14. Contact Us
These Terms govern the access to and use of the FordPass application (“FordPass”) between the individual user of FordPass (hereinafter "you") and Ford Motor Company Limited, Eagle Way, Brentwood, Essex CM13 3BW; Company No. 00235446 (hereinafter "Ford", “we”, “us”).
Ford offers basic features and enables access to vehicle related information and ancillary services in separate applets through FordPass ("Services"). The Services available to you are described in Chapter 2 below. To use FordPass features and Services you are required to register and accept these Terms. By registering for FordPass you will create a log in name by entering your e-mail address and a password. The use of some Services may require conclusion of a separate contract and may be subject to respective special contractual terms and conditions ("Special Terms"). Special Terms apply in addition to these Terms.
By opting in (ticking the box) and clicking “I accept”, you agree to be bound by these Terms when using FordPass.
These Terms will take effect as soon as you receive a confirmation by e-mail or at the latest when you are able to use the Services. As soon as the Terms take effect, you are deemed to have concluded an agreement with us.
Registering for FordPass requires you to select your country, to provide your first and last name as well as your e-mail address and to create a password. You have the option to add your mobile phone number and home address. You can also choose to receive marketing communications from us.
Personal details that are closely related to a Service are gathered on an applet-specific screen.
We will amend these Terms from time to time (if we believe (in our reasonable opinion) that it is necessary to do so (for example, for security, legal or regulatory reasons, if we change the scope of our available Services or if we introduce new Services). If we increase the scope of our available Services, introduce new Services or if the proposed amendments are favourable to you, the amendments will be deemed to have been accepted by you if we have notified you of the proposed amendments and you have continued using FordPass without objection after the date the amendments are advised to take effect.
Where any proposed new terms reduce Services or restrict or limit your existing rights under this agreement, we will provide you with reasonable advanced notice, which wherever reasonably practicable, will be no less than two months' notice before the proposed amended terms take effect. We will always notify you of proposed changes to terms by email to your current registered email address and may also notify you via push notifications. Within this notification, we will state the date on which the proposed terms become effective.
If you do not wish to accept the change to these Terms you may terminate this Agreement at any time (as set out in Chapter 5 below).
Use of FordPass requires a compatible mobile telephone or handheld device, internet access (third-party fees may apply), and software (third-party fees may apply), and may require obtaining updates or upgrades from time to time. Contact your mobile phone operator for more information regarding usage rates and fees. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that we do not operate a mobile phone network or provide any such services.
To access certain FordPass Services your Ford vehicle may need to have a compatible SYNC in-vehicle system. If your vehicle is equipped with SYNC, you agree that we may update your SYNC software according to the vehicle software End User License Agreement (“EULA”) provided in your vehicle’s Owner Guide or otherwise by us. You may be able to update your SYNC software through FordPass if you choose. Data usage rates and fees may apply.
Not all features or Services will be available in all markets and coverage may be limited, including due to your vehicle capability and data plan coverage. Availability of features is subject to change and dependent on mobile device and vehicle capability and the internet access available to you. FordPass may be unavailable or interrupted from time to time for a variety of reasons, such as environmental or topographical conditions and data plan coverage.
You are responsible for keeping your FordPass account information and password secret. You are responsible for any unauthorized activity that occurs in your account if you have negligently or intentionally caused the unauthorized activity. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password.
Uninstallation methods vary depending on your device. To uninstall FordPass, you must use the application management tools provided with your device. Consult your device manual for assistance.
If your vehicle has an embedded device, please consult your vehicle’s owner guide to turn-off data transmissions, which may require a Master Reset in the SYNC settings.
We may expand the scope of the available Services and/or add new Services to FordPass in the future. Below you can find a detailed description of the services which are currently included in FordPass or will be made available to you in the near future:
The My Dealer feature allows you to connect with your Ford dealer, schedule services, locate Ford dealers, get directions to your Ford dealer, and view new Ford dealer inventory. By using the locator services you will be subject to the terms provided by the third-party location or mapping service that you use.
All service appointments and vehicle services are the responsibility of you and your Ford dealer. Ford dealers are separate legal entities and we are not responsible or liable for Ford dealers’ activities, including any services you receive from your Ford dealer or the content of Ford dealer websites.
The My Dealer feature may also allow you to view new inventory at your preferred Ford dealer. The inventory listed on FordPass may not be current with the exact inventory available from your Ford dealer. We are under no obligation to verify the inventory set by the individual Ford dealer. We are therefore not liable for any inaccuracies. Please contact your Ford dealer for the actual price and availability of any vehicle and any applicable terms and conditions that may apply.
The My Vehicles feature may allow you to access certain information related to your vehicle via FordPass. In order to register your car with the My Vehicles feature, you will need to enter your VIN number. You must be an authorized user of a vehicle in order to link your FordPass account to the VIN of a vehicle you do not own or lease, which may have to be approved by a primary account holder and authenticated in the vehicle. You may remove your VIN from FordPass at any time; however any removal of the VIN may affect certain FordPass features.
Please note that the information provided in My Vehicles is for convenience purposes only. The information displayed in My Vehicles may not reflect the actual and/or current status of your vehicle. Please refer to the instruments and displays in your vehicle for the accurate current status of your vehicle.
Please be aware that it is the driver's responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is in proper working condition.
When you register with FordPass you are automatically enrolled in FordPass Perks. FordPass Perks includes special offers and other promotions, which may be based on things you do through FordPass. You do not have to use FordPass Perks in order to use other parts of FordPass. The type and frequency of offers and promotions will vary, and each one is subject to its own terms or rules. FordPass Perks is separate from any other loyalty programs offered through us or our affiliates. FordPass Perks is subject to change at any time, and some features may not be available on all vehicle makes and models.
You agree to receive FordPass Perks communications from Ford, your authorized dealership, and affinity partners, which may be customized based on personal information you provide to us through FordPass, such as location and driving characteristics.
Chapter 7 on data protection and data privacy applies in particular to FordPass Perks.
The Parking feature allows you to locate available parking by displaying parking lots with the help of the third-party location or mapping service you already use on your mobile device. By using the locator services you will be subject to the terms provided by the third-party location or mapping service that you use.
The parking lots displayed may be subject to a fee. These fees are charged by third-parties. We do not provide any parking service and do not operate any parking lot.
We do not verify the quality, suitability, safety or security of any parking opportunity displayed. We therefore do not give any assurances about the quality, suitability, safety or security of any parking opportunity displayed.
(1) Your vehicle when equipped with an embedded modem may have the ability to access certain operational features through the FordPass app, including locking and unlocking the doors, remote start and remote stop, if allowed in your country. These features may not be available on all vehicle makes and models.
For applicable models, remote start causes the alarm to enter "reduced guard mode" turning off interior motion sensing and inclination sensing during remote start to avoid false alarms. Perimeter alarm will stay active. Double-locked doors will revert to central lock during remote start, as a safety precaution.
(2) FordPass Connect, and optional feature on select vehicles (includes SYNC Connect service for two years from the original vehicle sale date as recorded by the Ford Dealer), is required for certain features. FordPass Connect subscription fees may apply after two years. In this case, these fees would be subject to a seperate agreement and Ford would contact you on this.
(3) Always take your key or key fob with you when you leave your vehicle. Remote unlock may not funcion during service interruptions or if the battery is too low.
(4) In some cases, you may need to install the newest version of the App before you can use FordPass again. Make sure that you can always access your vehicle even if you can't access FordPass (e.g. in the event that the unlock feature in the app is not working).
(5) Certain FordPass features may require your vehicle to have a compatible SYNC in-vehicle system or an embedded modem ("Software"). If your vehicle is equipped with Software, you agree that we or our affiliates or service providers may remotely check and automatically update your Software according to the vehicle software End User License Agreement ("EULA") provided in your vehicle's Owner Guide or otherwise by us. You may be able to update your Software through FordPass if you choose. You further agree that Ford, its affiliates, service providers, and/or designated agents may periodically check the version of the Software and may remotely deliver Software updates, upgrades, supplements, or changes to the Software without any further notice or additional consent. Data usage rates and fees of your telecommunication service provider may apply.
(6) Not all features or services will be available in all markets and coverage may be limited, including due to your vehicle capability and data plan coverage. Availability of features is subject to change, and also depend on your mobile device and vehicle capability and the internet access available to you. FordPass may be unavailable or interrupted from time to time for a variety of reasons, such as environmental or topographical conditions (e.g. tunnel, garage, scheduled maintenance of Ford back end server etc.) and internet or data plan coverage.
(7) If your vehicle has embedded connectivity and you connect your vehicle through FordPass, your vehicle will continue transmitting data to Ford even if you uninstall FordPass. If you want to turn off data transmission from the vehicle, please consult your vehicle’s owner guide to turn-off data transmissions, which may require a Master Reset in the SYNC settings.
(8) If equipped, the vehicle status feature may allow you to view certain notifications on FordPass, regarding Vehicle Health Alerts. These alerts may include electric battery health, fuel level, fuel consumption, odometer, tyre pressure, VIN number, and other diagnostic information. These notifications should not be used or relied upon in place of normal vehicle maintenance. If at any time you believe there may be an issue or problem with your vehicle, consult with a professional for diagnosis and required maintenance.
(9) If your vehicle has Wi-Fi hotspot functionality and you have activated a data plan, you can view information about your data plan through FordPass. You must sign up for wireless service directly with your vehicle’s wireless provider, and your provider is solely responsible for the wireless service, subject to separate terms and conditions you agree to when you activate your service, and for the data about your plan available through FordPass. Always pay careful attention to the road and do not drive distracted. Wi-Fi hotspot intended for passenger use only.
(10) The monthly efficiency fuel report feature is affected by driving behaviour as well as other non-technical factors which play a role in determining a car's fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Everybody drives differently under different traffic and weather conditions (summer, winter). You may spend most of your time driving on motorways or you may drive mainly on country roads. Some people drive faster and others more slowly.
Ford’s fuel report via Ford pass app is not directly comparable to the official fuel consumption figures. In order to compare new passenger car's fuel consumption or CO2 emission values, based on a harmonised EU test protocol, the official fuel consumption or CO2 emission values found in your Owner’s manual should be used.
Ford’s fuel report via app is different to what other OEM’s might publish; therefore a direct comparison is not given.
The FordGuides feature allows you to connect with a Guide via phone, live chat or email if you need any support on using the various FordPass benefits and mobility solutions. Please note that FordPass assumes no liability for the call quality or internet connection provided by your network supplier. Please note that the contact to FordGuides may incur third-party fees charged by your network provider in accordance with your agreement. Using FordPass or FordGuides service from abroad may result in additional roaming charges.
FordPass will allow you to provide contact information for a Guide to contact you via phone or email. By signing up and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions for FordPass, a FordGuides may ask you to verify your phone number or email address. If you provide your personal contact information, you are expressly consenting to a FordGuides contacting you. All your personal data and information provided within FordPass or to the FordGuides will be treated confidentially according to applicable data protection legislation. FordGuides will not ask you to reveal your password or PIN at any time.
In the case of vehicle breakdown, you can make a voice call to an emergency service centre via the Roadside Assistance function. Any resulting communication costs, which may vary depending on country and supplier, shall be borne by you for this purpose.
This function is only possible if you have given your consent when requested within the App to transmit their current location. The emergency service centre will use this information to verify your location. Ford does not receive or process this data. An internet connection is required to use the App with the location transmission function; any costs incurred shall be borne by you.
The location can only be transmitted if your mobile device can identify a valid location. The position transmitted by you cannot be used to infer your exact location in a building (ie. flat, floor, etc.).
Ford aims to provide the call service to the emergency service centre at as low a price as is realistically possible. You may be required to pay for any breakdown assistance service provided as a result of using this function.
Ford does not accept any responsibility or liability for the disclosure of your data due to errors in data transmission and/or unauthorized access by third parties.
This agreement will continue until it is terminated by you or us. You may terminate this agreement at any time for any reason by giving us written notice (including email) that you wish to close your FordPass account. We will then process your request and ensure that your account is closed and all data connections to the FordPass platform are severed.
We may terminate this agreement, or suspend temporarily part of all of your access to the app features at any time (acting reasonably) by written notice (including by e-mail to your current registered email address) for reasons including (but not limited to) the following:
1. you commit a serious or persistent breach of a term which you fail to remedy (if remediable) within 5 days after the service of written notice requiring you to do so;
2. circumstances arise where (in our reasonable opinion) such action will mitigate an identified risk or prevent FordPass from being abused, manipulated or otherwise undermined by you; or
3. where we decide to no longer offer any Services through Ford Pass.
Upon termination of this agreement, we shall close your FordPass account and are entitled to retrieve any user ID that you created for use by other users.
Warning: We strongly recommend against the use of any hand-held device while driving. Do not use FordPass while driving. Please note that the use of a hand-held device while driving may be prohibited under applicable road traffic laws and regulations. Accessing or using FordPass on hand-held devices while driving could distract your attention away from the road and result in loss of vehicle control, crash and injury to you and others. FordPass may send messages or push notifications to your cell phone. Do not read messages on hand-held devices while driving.
Ford as the data controller collects, stores, processes, and uses your personal data, including driver-related usage and vehicle data, provided that this is necessary for providing the Services offered through FordPass in accordance with these Terms.
The use of some Services may require that you enter into a separate agreement with us or one of our Ford Partners. Special Terms may apply to separate agreements. Such agreements will be between you and one of our Ford Partners and will not involve us.
If Special Terms apply to a Service, the applicable Special Terms will be presented to you prior to the first use of the Service and you will be able to retain a copy. You will be asked to accept the Special Terms if you want to use the Service. If you decline to accept the Special Terms, you cannot use the Service to which the respective Special Terms apply. Only the Special Terms which you have accepted are binding and apply to your use.
FordPass may use data from third party sources, such as maps and directions, to provide Services. This data and other information may not always be accurate. Terms applicable to location based services to which you will be bound by using FordPass include:
Terms applicable to live-traffic services to which you will be bound by using FordPass include:
In case of discrepancies, the Terms shall prevail over the terms applicable to location based services.
FordPass may contain or rely in part on certain free, shared, or public library software (“Open Source Software”). Please refer to the posted Open Source Software acknowledgements located at http://corporate.ford.com/ford-open-source.html for more information on any obligations or restrictions that may apply to the use of Open Source Software.
FordPass (including all software, content and data) is owned by us or used under license. FordPass is protected by worldwide copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights whether or not a copyright notice or other proprietary mark is present. You agree to comply with all copyright laws in your use of FordPass, including preventing any unauthorized copying. Except as expressly provided herein, we do not grant any express or implied proprietary rights to FordPass.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, view, use, display and listen to FordPass for your personal, non-commercial use only.
Any right or authorization granted to you by us is also subject to the following restrictions:
1. you may not, nor allow third parties to, create derivative works, use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on FordPass, create a database, systematically download, store any or all of the materials from FordPass or websites, link or frame any portion of FordPass, extract, derive or attempt to extract or derive any source code or structure of all or any portion of FordPass by reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or any other means;
2. you may not use FordPass in any manner that is unlawful, abusive, defamatory, deceptive, or invasive of another’s privacy, nor may you abuse anyone on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
3. you may not use FordPass with other content or in a manner that impersonates any person, business or entity, including us;
4. you may not interfere, try to interfere, disrupt, or try to disrupt our servers or networks, or disobey any of our network access or security requirements;
The Ford name, and all trademarks and logos displayed on FordPass are owned or used under license by us. The unauthorized use of any trademark displayed on FordPass is prohibited.
Ford will use reasonable skill and care to ensure that FordPass is safe and secure to use and to prevent it from causing damage to your device or any other digital content stored on your device. However Ford cannot guarantee that FordPass will be safe, secure or free from bugs or viruses or other malicious programs.
Ford will use reasonable skill and care in providing any Services that it provides directly to you.
Ford does not accept liability for any loss or damage which arises from your breach of these terms.
Ford is not liable for any Services provided to you by a third party under a separate agreement.
Except as set out otherwise in these Terms or the terms governing any Service provided directly by us ("Ford Terms"), Ford will only be liable to you to the extent that any loss or damage that you incur results from our failure to comply with our obligations under Ford Terms in relation to use of the App or any Services, and we otherwise exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, express or implied, which may apply to the use of FordPass and/or the Services.
Ford cannot guarantee that FordPass and/or the Services will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition at all times and will not be responsible for any failure or delay in performing our obligations under the Terms if such failure or delay results from any events, circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control. In these circumstances we will be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for performing our obligations. Ford also maintains the right to modify the app as it wishes. Except as set out elsewhere in these Terms, we will not be liable to you in the event that any part of the app or any Services provided by us are unavailable or modified in any way.
You agree to use this App and the Services for your personal use and shall not use either the App or the Services for commercial, business or resale purposes. We are not liable to you for any losses you suffer when using FordPass or the Services other than as a consumer.
For the avoidance of doubt, we will only be liable for those losses which are reasonably foreseeable as a consequence of the breach.
Nothing in this agreement shall limit Ford's liability for:
1. death or personal injury resulting from Ford's negligence;
2. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
3. any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable laws.
This agreement is governed by the local law of your country of residence at the time of the conclusion of this agreement.
If you have any questions, comments, or claims regarding FordPass you may contact us by finding your local contact information by going to this website http://corporate.ford.com/our-company/country-websites, or you can use the contact details below for any questions, comments, or claims regarding FordPass.
+44 1277 25 4745
Ford Motor Company Limited,
Eagle Way, Brentwood,
Essex CM13 3BW;
Company No. 00235446